Thursday, January 1, 2009

I'm still alive---(I think)

I think things are finally kind of getting back to normal. In the past 2 1/2 weeks we have had 5 family Christmas get-to-togethers, a birthday party, and New Year's Eve celebration. Jaida's birthday is Saturday. I'm begging and pleading with her to wait until next week for a party. I think I'm partied out.
Jordan and Janae are in Dr. Ed. now so that has taken up some of their vacation time. They seem to be enjoying it. I'm not necissarily enjoying riding with 15 yr. old drivers but I know that is just part of life!ha
We had a great Christmas and I got the new camera lens I was wanting. The kids were very excited with all of their gifts. It is much easier putting things away now that they don't get all the big toys, etc. It is a little sad though--they are growing up way too fast.
I've been thinking back over this year---my it was a weird one huh? All the political stuff, the economy scare, the gas prices, and so many uncertainties. I was just thinking the other day how it is kind of strange that in my mind a new year is like a new slate or a new beginning. I always think of all the things I would really like to change for the better. Kind of funny how we think we have to wait until January to do it?!! I'm looking forward to a great, prosperous, happy, healthy New Year!
Hope everyone has a great New Year!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Ugh, I know what you mean. A little part of me is just as scared at what might be to come, though (did that sound like my mother?) ;)