Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Before




I am finally posting pictures of my cabinets. I was having problems loading pictures on to my computer and Jeff finally fixed it. For some weird reason I thought I needed to get my cabinets painted before we left on vacation. So, the week we left I worked myself to death painting, packing, cleaning, etc. I debated and debated on what color to paint. After much consideration I thought I would just paint them white and get it over with. After pleading with friends and family members to tell me what color a friend(I won't mention any names)said paint them brown---and that's all it took. I went and got the paint and voila! But, after painting them I was a little concerned. I knew I needed new backsplash, counters, etc. but I wasn't extremely happy with them. I haven't done much at all to my kitchen for 17 yrs. so it is much need of a redo. To save a little money for now I decided to just paint the ugly paneling stuff we put up 17 yrs ago "temporarily"haha! As soon as I started putting the primer on I new it was going to look soooo much better than that cream color. So, even though my taste is probably soooo unlike most of you bloggers I really like how it is turning out. I plan on getting new counters(hopefully cement), a new stainless steel sink and faucet. This will hold us until we can knock a wall out and expand the kitchen(oh, say 20 yrs. down the road).
p.s. I still don't have drawer pulls because we added a dishwasher several years ago and the drawers beside it are tooooo close. I can't find anything that will allow the dishwasher to open up. I'm still looking.
Also, in case this looks really weird to some of you I should have taken a pic of the other side of the room. It has a brown bulit in booth with red pillows so it ties in with the red on the other side of the room.

No comments: