Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Heebie Geebies!!!

Jeff picked a fine time to be on a business trip to Minnesota!!! It was about 12:30 A.M. I had just dozed off when I was awakened by Skittles(the cat)who was sleeping at the end of the bed. She was jumping up in the air. I thought oh brother is there a fly in here because she loves catching flying things. Then all of a sudden I see a shadow that is much bigger than a fly. We have had problems with bats alot lately so I flipped on the lamp-------eeewwwwwww--------there flying and swooping all over my room was a BAT!!!!! I about had a heart attack! The cat was still trying her best to catch it. The bat swooped again and was headed in my direction---I pulled the covers over my head hoping it wasn't really going to fly into me. Then I was afraid to come out from under the covers. I finally got the courage and looked around, I didn't see it so I ran downstairs and got Jordan!hahaha He was soo cute trying to be brave but not really being any more brave than me! The bat landed at the top of the chimney(I have an attic bedroom with a neat old chimney in the middle of the room). It was too tall for him to reach with a broom and we were both freaked out pretty much. Sooo, Jordan slept on his futon and I got his bed!ha We left the window open and I haven't seen the bat today but I will be soooo paranoid tonight!!!! Jeff is supposed to be home late tonight but they were talking about making him stay one more day---just my luck!!!!!!! I don't think there is anything that gives me the creeps anymore than bats,(because they are huge and then when they land they look like an evil mouse)slugs, and maggots!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Ewwwww!! I love your attic room though! :o)

Tamra said...

Oh my word! I can't stand bats, much less one flying around my bedroom at night. Good thing the cat woke you up!

Janiece said...

Yuck! I hate bats too! We use to have them get inside once in awhile at Mom & Dad's house and we would scream our silly heads off until Dad would come to the rescue, HA!